I know everyone madly checks back here every day, wondering what books and movies I’ve seen for the 50/50 Challenge. No? I’m telling you anyway. You’re welcome.
Books this month:
1. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Kingsolver (for book club)
2. Out of Oz by Gregory Maguire
3. Anne of the Island by LM Montgomery
4. Encounter by Milan Kundera (essays)
5. Sky of Red Poppies by Zohreh Gharemani (who is a very very sweet and wonderful lady, and also makes the BEST potato salad I have ever eaten). It’s a coming-of-age story about two girls in pre-revolutionary Iran. You should read it for a better understanding of the country.
6. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
7. White Noise, by Don DeLillo
8. The Bungalow by Sarah Jio, also sweet and wonderful and incredibly prolific for someone with three very young sons! (or for anyone, for that matter; her last, VIOLETS OF MARCH, came out last year, and she has another one, BLACKBERRY WINTER, coming out later this year!)
1. I had to watch all of season one Downton Abbey; does that count? I am TOTALLY counting it and no one can stop me. Ha!
I got Anna on the “Which character are you?” quiz.
2. The True Story of Puss n Boots: A Redbox accident. NOT the Dreamworks one, to my everlasting dismay. Do NOT see! The worst movie I have ever seen and that includes Sylvester Stallone trying to do comedy. I only count it because it was on for the whole movie and I had to be in the room. William Shatner doing a high-pitched cat voice=drip water torture on the eardrums.
3. The Help: very good. Liked it as much as the book! That hardly ever happens.
4. Fright Night 2011: Boring. I made good progress on a knitted hat during it, though.
And yay! I discovered Redbox. Actually, I always knew it was there, I was just never organized enough to plan ahead and reserve movies beforehand.